Central whitelist questions

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Sun Oct 13 23:50:29 UTC 2002

I'm setting up a procedure so that users can nominate bulk mail for
inclusion in a central whitelist.  They will provide the name of a
DCC log file.  A script will then extract the appropriate information
from the collected log files to build a file in whitelist format.
I'm using dccd and dccm, without per-recipient logs or whitelists.
I have two questions:

1) Should the new whitelist file be included in `whitelist' or in
   `whiteclnt'?  The `whiteclnt' file is only used by dccm.

2) A typical DCC log file header looks like this, spam in this case:

        VERSION: 3
        DATE: 10/12/02 19:59:12 CDT
        IP: adsl-63-199-56-90.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net ::ffff:63.199.56.90
        HELO: gymdpx
        env_From: <xbncmdkfb@aol.com>  mail_host=aol.com.
        env_To: <leide@cc.umanitoba.ca>  addr=leide  dir=

   To fill in `ok env_from' lines in the whitelist file, do I strip
   the angle brackets from the envelope address shown above, or leave
   it exactly as is?