Possible complile bug?

Tue Oct 8 17:57:29 UTC 2002

> From: David H=?ISO-8859-1?B?9g==?=hn <dh@uptime.at>

> cc -pthread   dccm.o clnt_threaded.o /usr/lib/libmilter.a ../dcclib/libdcc.a
> -lm -o dccm
> /usr/lib/libmilter.a(errstring.o): In function `sm_errstring':
> errstring.o(.text+0x205): undefined reference to `sm_snprintf'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [dccm] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> libmilter has been built by me on the system. Is there something I am
> missing? Thank you in advanced.

sm_errstring() is a function used by the sendmail libmilter.a
library.  Current versions of sendmail for at least some platforms
include sm_errstring() in libmilter.a.  Previous versions of sendmail
kept it in some other library named something like libsm.a.  Then
there were the versions of sendmail that required libsmutil.a

The DCC configure script includes a nasty kludge that looks for
libsmutil.a and libsm.a in the same place if finds libmiler.a and
builds the dccm/Makefile to use them if they are present.

If you built sendmail after you ran the DCC configure script, then
the problem might be fixed by re-running the DCC configure script.