Not Seeing "bulk" keyword

Fri Oct 4 00:59:55 UTC 2002

> From: P David Schaub <dschaub@dschaub.com>

> I'm running dcc v.1.1.14 in a nonblocking mode

By "nonblocking mode," do you mean "non-rejecting"?

>                                    and I'm getting the X-DCC header added
> as appropriate.  What puzzles me is that I'm not seeing the keyword "bulk" on the X-DCC
> header line when thresholds meet the the logging level.  Below is an extract of the
> dcc_conf file for DCCM values.
>
> DCCM_ARGS="-t ALL,25,NEVER"

> On one sample message I get this on the log files:

> No "bulk"...
>
> Any thoughts?

At what value should dccm decide that a message is "bulk"?

Three copies of a message sent to a vanity domain might well be "bulk,"
but 30 copies sent to a large ISP might not be.
Thus the third value for `dccm -t` defines the local notion of "bulk."

I'll try to improve the dccm man page on this subject.