Error message

Mon Sep 30 22:51:31 UTC 2002

> From: "Rose, Bobby" <brose@med.wayne.edu>

> I had already tried that a couple times.

What have you tried a couple of times?

>                                           Another thing that I just
> tried was copy the whiteclnt.dccw from my test box which doesn't give
> the broken pipe message to the production box and ran wlist against it
> there and it gives the broken pipe message there.

Copying binary databases among systems that are not running nearly
identical operating systems on nearly identical hardware is generally
unwise.  If sizes of datatypes, not to mention byte orders, differ
between the systems, the database will appear to be corrupted on
one of the systems.

>                                                    If I copy the
> whiteclnt.dccw to the test box, wlist doesn't give the message so it
> doesn't look like corruption issue.  Could it be a difference in a
> library dependency??

I can't think of a library that would matter.

Again, what sort of hardware and software are you using?  What
are the contents of your whiteclnt and included files?