Getting an e-mail address ONTO spam lists

Mon Sep 30 22:45:46 UTC 2002

> From: Adam Ierymenko <api@xactcommerce.com>

> The ability to report spam with dcc using -t many lends itself
> quite well to the concept of setting up spam bait addresses.  I
> have set up several of these and posted e-mails on usenet to them,
> which is causing them to get some spam.  I am just wondering if
> anyone knows what might be the best tactics to get an e-mail
> address signed up for *LOTS* of spam.  Any ideas?  (Basically,
> this is the inverse of what you normally want to do for an
> address... :)

If you check logs for delivery failures to invalid addresses to
any domain name that has been around a few years, you will probably
find that the domain already has many spam traps.

See also http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dict-attack.html
including the instructions for wiring that list into spam traps.