Error message

Mon Sep 30 19:27:35 UTC 2002

> From: "Rose, Bobby" <brose@med.wayne.edu>

> I have the same setup on a test box with the same lists and it doesn't
> do it.  If I run the wlist command on the test box, it looks clean but
> on the prod box, returns the same results except the last line is a
> Broken Pipe message.

Are the two boxes running the same operating systems and versions
of the DCC software?

What happens if you delete /var/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw?

I'll change things in 1.1.15 so that instead of refusing to touch
a .dccw file with an impossible size, the DCC client library code will
delete and rebuild the file.  That's probably sufficiently safe because
the magic number (actually, magic string) has already been found in
the file.

I've heard complaints of .dccw corruption, but I've no clue how to
reproduce it or whether the problem is a bug in my code or an external
problem such a file-system overflow.