Hotmail problem?

Mon Sep 30 19:22:29 UTC 2002

> From: "Rose, Bobby" <brose@med.wayne.edu>

> I've never noticed this before, so I don't know if something changed
> with Hotmail to cause it.  Many messages send from hotmail.com are
> looking like bulk.  What is interesting is the log for a particular
> message doesn't include the full message but just the same html markup
> junk which explains why it looks like bulk.  It's almost like part of
> the message is lost.

I don't understand.  As far as I can tell, it looks like spam that
was set to at least 2181 other addresses before it hit your system.
I see no evidence that it is particularly truncated.  Spammers do tend
to send stuff that looks like junk to me, but that's no doubt because,
as a spamming salescritter boss at a former employeer once told me,
I don't know anything about marketing.

`dblist -C "Fuz2: 2f902b64 28717900 6cf1c25e e0660b47"` on 3 different
DCC servers says that spam has been sloshing around a lot for some time.

Recall also that whether it is junk HTML has nothing to do with whether
the DCC says a message is bulk.  The Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse
system merely accumulates reports of counts of targets of mail.