Error message

Mon Sep 30 16:55:40 UTC 2002

> From: "Rose, Bobby" <brose@med.wayne.edu>

> I updated to .14 from .13 but at the same time I split of my white list.
> I was placing local whitelisted systems into the whitecommon, but that
> since I noticed that the distro'd one had changed so I removed mine,
> created another file and just added another include line.  Now I'm
> seeing in the logged messages and error state messages in the sendmail
> logs.
>
> ### end of message body ########################
> size of whitelist /var/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw, 468988, is impossible
>
> But if I move mine into whitecommon it's fine.  So is this tactic just
> not possible?

Which is "this tactic," using two "include" lines?  If so, there
should be no problem with having more than one "include" line in
/var/dcc/whiteclnt and I know of none.

That error message is produced when the size of the whitelist hash file
is not a multiple of 28 plus 41176, it is larger than 82090 entries
or about 2,339,696 bytes, or the size of the file differs from what
the header in the file claims.  My guess is that the third condition
is the one that matters here.

Is there any chance that disk containing the white list overflowed?

The complete DCC tarball contains a hack named wlist.
What does `wlist whiteclnt | head -40` say?

If the problem is reproducible, I'd appreciate access to the whitelists.