DCC clients changing Subject header survey

Adam Ierymenko api@xactcommerce.com
Thu Sep 26 04:38:01 UTC 2002

I just wrappered dccproc to run the following regex:

sed s/X-Dcc-.*-Metrics:/X-Spam-Checking:/

(Not sure if that's exactly correct, but you get the idea.)

The constant header X-Spam-Checking can then be checked against.

I think dccproc needs an option to add some constant header
instead of just the variable header it adds right now.  I do
not know of *any* mail program off the top of my head that
allows filtering of headers that contain wildcards, regexes,
or any other kind of pattern matching.

Of course, we just trash all the spam anyway... but some
organizations can't get away with this.