whiteclnt not having any effect

Wyman Eric Miles wymanm@is.rice.edu
Mon Sep 23 21:23:41 UTC 2002

We're running DCC 1.1.2 on Solaris 8, with a single DCC server and a
series of clients interfaced to postfix through a wrapper around dccproc.

We have several groups on campus that regularly send bulk mailings of a
legitimate nature that shouldn't be tagged.  Accordingly, I've added the
following to /var/dcc/whiteclnt:

ok      env_from        admcouns@rice.edu

dccproc re-creates the memory mapped file whiteclnt.dccw immediately upon
discovering the change, but e-mail from that address is still being tagged
as bulk.

We call dccproc as:

dccproc -w whiteclnt -c cmn,25,50 -l /var/spool/spam -o <tempfile>

It's been stunningly accurate against spam thus far, but we've got some
addresses to whitelist.

Any ideas why the above config isn't working?

Wyman Miles
Manager of Infrastructure, Rice University, Texas.
(713) 348-5827, e-mail:wymanm@rice.edu, pager:wymanm@pager.rice.edu