version 1.1.12 of the DCC

Thu Sep 12 17:00:34 UTC 2002

Version 1.1.12 of the DCC source is in
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/source/dccd.tar.Z and
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dccd.tar.Z

http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/CHANGES and
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/CHANGES start with

    move dccd statistics to the flod.map so they're preserved despite
	restarting dccd.
    add shell scripts to generate RRD graphs.
    make rate-limits run-time parameters for `dccd -R`.

If you are running a DCC server older than version 1.1.5, it
would be good to upgrade.  I'm having problems keeping the worst case
lengths of paths among servers below the old limit of 8 hops.  Older
servers ignore reports of checksums with paths containing 8 or more hops.

I hope the graph generating misc/dcc-stats-* shell scripts that
are installed in /var/dcc/libexec might be useful to people running
servers.  They are most of what I use to generate
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/graphs/
and http://www.dcc-servers.net/anti-spam/dcc/graphs/
The remainder consists of scripts run by cron to call the shipped scripts,
a little hacking with montage to combine graphs to reduce the number
of links on each page and finally to copy some of the results to a
directory it is safe to let apache see,