Why is this in DCC?

Thu Sep 12 16:02:22 UTC 2002

> Cc: dcc@calcite.rhyolite.com,
>    rlfrank-dated-1032209727.8e74ca@paradigm-omega.com
> To: Vernon Schryver <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com>
> From: Craig Hughes <craig@hughes-family.org>

> > I have no idea how to tell SpamAssassin to add "-w whitclnt" to the
> > options that it otherwise gives dccproc.
>
> You can pass command line options to DCC from SpamAssassin by using the
> dcc_options config file parameter.  From Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
> manpage:
>
>         dcc_options options
>             Specify additional options to the dccproc(8) command. Please
> note that only [A-Z -] is allowed (security).
>
>             The default is '-R'

Do I understand that not about the restriction to "[A-Z -]"?
If so, it wouldn't help for "-w whitclnt".
It also wouldn't help adding "-E -l logdir` so that the point-and-click
CGI scripts could be used to maintain the "-w whiteclnt" file.

I hope the SpamAssassin documentation mentions that `dccproc -R` is
only good when the MTA adds a sufficiently standard Received line.

See http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/dccproc.html
and http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/dccproc.html
as well as your copy of the DCC source for the dccproc man page.