Why is this in DCC?

Wed Sep 11 23:21:16 UTC 2002

> From: Robin Lynn Frank <rlfrank@paradigm-omega.com>

>         ...   While we whitelist our customers, business associates, friends,
> etc, I am reluctant to white list newsletters because sooner or later,
> spammers are going to start forging these newsletter's headers.

I doubt that, because those spammer who might forger headers to point
to well known newsletters either already do it or have done it in the
past but stopped. I figure that the Flowers.com case and the criminal
laws against header forgery are reasons why most spammers don't.
See http://www.google.com/search?q=%22flowers.%2Bcom%22+spam

Note also that the DCC white-listing mechanism is not limited to
envelope or header From values.