Best way to whitelist mailing lists

Tue Sep 3 15:17:29 UTC 2002

> From: "Roy Hooper" <rhooper@cyberus.ca>

> > > I was wondering if it would make more sense to use the 'HELO' field or
> > > the IP address (if it's a regular mailserver and not a chain of them).
> >
> > Those make sense, but the mail_host value found in the dccm log files
> > might be better.
>
> Wildcard or Regex whitelist options might help in this situation, or

http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/FAQ.html#reg-exps1
summarizes my view of regular expressions in this context.

> additional whitelist checks on the domain portions of env_From, env_To, and
> From...

What additional portions of env_From or env_To would be both useful
and practical?

Note that sendmail access_db entries can be used to white-list based
on parts of the envelope.  See -O in
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/misc/hackmc