bad DCC traffic from e-corp.net

Trevor Astrope astrope@e-corp.net
Mon Sep 2 16:00:20 UTC 2002

Hello,

Sorry for causing problems...

I installed dccproc to use with spamassassin, as it is a requirement, and
was unaware that it was causing these problems. It did appear to be
working well at first, but I now see a lot of dccproc connection refused
messages in the logs.

It is a fairly busy mail server and we do get a lot of spam to harvested
addresses from our web site. I appologize for the lack of info for e-corp,
as the domain has changed to sitesell.com, but the server names were not
changed.

I've disabled the dcc checks in spamassassin and appologize for any
problems this has caused. I did not intend to abuse the service. I have no
idea why the client is sending the bad data.

Regards,

Trevor Astrope
astrope@e-corp.net