Looking for critique of idea for local integration of DCC and SA

Thu Aug 29 22:45:18 UTC 2002

> From: Dale_Whiteaker-Lewis@dell.com

> 	My idea below is not to change anything about this system except for
> the procmail process near the end of this Rube Goldberg machine to have
> access to the actual hash value that exceeds the threshold set in the DCC
> client, and to use that hash value as the filename for the quarantined file.

All of the checksums and counts for a message can be obtained with
`dccproc -QC`.  -C produces the checksums, and -Q avoids adding noise
to the counts at the server.  The counts obtained with `dccproc -Q`
might be larger than those seen by dccm.

As others pointed out, the fuzzy checksums are likely to be the same
for some classes of mail, and so it might be best to use only the "Body"
checksum.  It ignores whitespace and '=' characters.