New (shareware) DCC plugins for Microsoft Outlook

Jon Webb jon.a.webb@verizon.net
Wed Aug 28 15:21:39 UTC 2002

I've created two new plugins that use DCC to do spam filtering in Microsoft
Outlook.

One, called "MiniZapster", simply filters messages based on the X-DCC header
added by an ISP. There are options for the spam filtering threshold, and
where to put spam. It is designed to be used by people who have the DCC
distribution installed on their mail server.

The second, called "SpamZapster", runs on the user's PC. It does spam
filtering by itself, without any changes at the mail server. It is intended
for use by people who have no control over their mail server. It works as a
complete DCC client, with options for the DCC servers to use (including
private servers) and a white list. As shipped it uses the public DCC
servers.

Both install simply and are easy to use. They are controlled from the
Tools->Options dialog in Outlook, and can be uninstalled from the Add/Remove
Programs control panel.

They can be downloaded from the Backwoods Programmer home page at
www.backwoods.webhop.biz. (BTW, I give full credit there and in the products
to the creators of DCC filtering.)

MiniZapster is $10, SpamZapster is $30. Both come with a 30-day free trial.
For a limited time, I will be giving out free licenses to anyone on this
list who tries them out and sends me useful comments.

Jon Webb
Backwoods Programmer