whiteclnt does not work?

Wed Aug 28 01:41:19 UTC 2002

> From: Rafal Maszkowski <rzm@icm.edu.pl>

> No such complains, I watch the maillog while trying to deliver. I can analyze
> the other logs later but for now I have an impression that dccm reacts with
> delay i.e. new records in whiteclnt are seen by it maybe after some time or
> maybe after adding new records.

Dccm does not check to see if the white list files have changed more
often than once every 5 seconds.

> What I have seen for sure: I add new entry, try to deliver, the mail is
> blocked. After some time dccm says:
> start to (re)parse whitelist /var/dcc/whiteclnt
> finished parsing whitelist /var/dcc/whiteclnt
>- still no efect. I stop dccm, delete /var/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw, start dccm - the
> mail for/from addresses marked 'ok' gets through.

Are there any messages about the .dccw file being corrupt?

I tried to reproduce the problem by:
  1. repeatedly send a message from a distant computer to myself
      until it exceded the spam threshold and was rejected
  2. add the env_from value as "ok" to /var/dcc/whiteclnt
  3. wait a little while
  4. send the message again
The message was correctly white-listed.
The checksums in dccm log file for the message (created because I also set
DCCM_LOG_AT=0 in /var/dcc/dcc_conf and restarted dccm) includes:
                                                      checksum         wlist
                 env_From: 470506e9 732a1c99 faf71b3b 94ada7dd            ok

I don't see the difference between what we did that must exist.

Do you have any host names in you white list file?