whiteclnt does not work?

Rafal Maszkowski rzm@icm.edu.pl
Tue Aug 27 21:13:36 UTC 2002

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 07:42:44AM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Rafal Maszkowski <rzm@icm.edu.pl>
> > Do you mean that both From: and envelope From should be whitelisted to pass
> > e-mail from such addresses?
> No, a single white-listed header or envelope value is sufficent.

> What does the resulting DCC log file contain?
> Are there complaints in system log, perhaps /var/log/maillog?  Perhaps
> concerning permissions on the white list files?

No such complains, I watch the maillog while trying to deliver. I can analyze
the other logs later but for now I have an impression that dccm reacts with
delay i.e. new records in whiteclnt are seen by it maybe after some time or
maybe after adding new records.

What I have seen for sure: I add new entry, try to deliver, the mail is
blocked. After some time dccm says:
start to (re)parse whitelist /var/dcc/whiteclnt
finished parsing whitelist /var/dcc/whiteclnt
- still no efect. I stop dccm, delete /var/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw, start dccm - the
mail for/from addresses marked 'ok' gets through.

R.
--
Avec mes souvenirs/J'ai allumé le feu
Mes chagrins, mes plaisirs/Je n'ai plus besoin d'eux!