DCC - Postfix MTA mail hub implementation question

Fri Aug 23 21:29:50 UTC 2002

> From: Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com>

> >   What to do if an item arrives with multiple RCPTs, and RCPT-A's
> >   ruleset says "accept" and RCPT-B's ruleset says "reject".
>
> user preferences have to be enforced at the mua level.  don't cross the
> streams.  anything you want to do during smtp (before the final-OK) has
> to be ignorant of the mua's preferences.

I don't think "MUAs preferences" or "MUA level" need be relevant.
If you instead talk about "mailboxes" just as RFC 822 does, then
you can talk about "mailbox preferences" or "access controls on
mailboxes" or "destination addresses."

In more concrete terms, for several versions dccm has supported per-mailbox
white/blacklists and has since nearly the beginning supported per-mailbox
complete white-listing.  (The latter amounts to opting-out of DCC filtering.)