DCC - Postfix MTA mail hub implementation question

Dave Lugo dlugo@etherboy.com
Fri Aug 23 20:53:24 UTC 2002

Paul Vixie also wrote:

> if you're rejecting e-mail at the MTA level because it is invalid or
> unwanted, then such rejection must be done synchronously (before the
> final 250) or else you're stuck with unbouncable garbage and you've put
> no disincentive on the sender to puke more of it in your direction.

If you're defining acceptence prefs for an entire domain, yes.  If
you want to allow user-level granularity, it would be better IMVHO
to reject (if possible) before the 250, and have some mechanism for
the edge case I described.  I admit it isn't pretty.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@etherboy.com    LC Unit #260   TINLC