DCC - Postfix MTA mail hub implementation question

Dave Lugo dlugo@etherboy.com
Fri Aug 23 20:20:15 UTC 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Paul Vixie wrote:

> if you're rejecting e-mail at the MTA level because it is invalid or
> unwanted, then such rejection must be done synchronously (before the
> final 250) or else you're stuck with unbouncable garbage and you've put
> no disincentive on the sender to puke more of it in your direction.

There is also this issue (which may not apply, depending on
the granularity of the filtering rules / policies at the
recieving MTA:

  What to do if an item arrives with multiple RCPTs, and RCPT-A's
  ruleset says "accept" and RCPT-B's ruleset says "reject".

I'm dealing with issue on my admittedly small-scale setup at
home.  The solution I've come up with (that I still have to
implement), is for the 'edge' case described above, to accept
after DATA, and then post-DATA deliver for RCPT-A, and generate
a bounce to the originator for RCPT-B.

Not terribly pretty, but honors the end-user's preferences if
do declared.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@etherboy.com    LC Unit #260   TINLC