DCC - Postfix MTA mail hub implementation question

Paul Vixie paul@vix.com
Fri Aug 23 16:42:22 UTC 2002

> Yes indeed. BTW, I started to develop a postfix patch to do the DCC
> stuff on posftix context (smtpd process context). The idea is to
> insert a couple of hooks during the SMTP conversation, so we can build
> the checksums on the fly and send them to some DCC server. I can post
> some code for discussion if theres interest.

i am very interested.  i've recently switched from sendmail to postfix,
and right now that means i can't use dcc.  i need a model where i reject
the smtp session, discarding temporary results.  running dcc in my user
agent wouldn't do.