DCC - Postfix MTA mail hub implementation question

Leandro Santi lesanti@uolsinectis.com.ar
Fri Aug 23 14:59:24 UTC 2002

Vernon Schryver wrote:

> > From: Matt Armstrong <matt@lickey.com>

> > Yes.  It'd be done with a postfix content filter. Basically postfix can
> > be set up to pipe all mail it sees to a command or SMTP server running
> > on a different port. ...
>
> The worrisome cost of such designs is that every mail message requires
> at least one fork() and exec() for dccproc and for all I know, more
> for however postfix gets the result from dccproc.

Yes indeed. BTW, I started to develop a postfix patch to do the
DCC stuff on posftix context (smtpd process context). The
idea is to insert a couple of hooks during the SMTP
conversation, so we can build the checksums on the fly and
send them to some DCC server. I can post some code for
discussion if theres interest.

Please let me know if theres some similar work out there, I
couldn't find much information on this subject by myself.

Thanks,
Leandro