Running into a problem whitelisting groups.yahoo.com

Fri Aug 23 02:29:09 UTC 2002

> From: Tim Wicinski <tim@meer.net>

> We're starting to get some yahoo groups email showing up on the dcc
> rejection lists.  I've tried to whitelist based on a few things, with
> little luck.
>
> Can I whitelist on  parts of email addresses like '@returns.groups.yahoo
> .com' ? That would be more interesting at some stage.

Is returns.groups.yahoo.com the value of mail_host in the log files
for the rejected messags?  If so, then adding '-S mail_host' to
DCCM_ARGS in /var/dcc/dcc_conf and adding the line

    ok	substitute	mail_host returns.groups.yahoo.com

should white-list that mail.

Because the Yahoo groups are reported to have a significant spam
problem, it might be better, if possible, to use entries in
per-user white lists instead of a global white list entry.
The sample CGI scripts support pointing-and-clicking to add a
white list entry for mail_host values found in log files provided
dccm is running with -S mail_host.