Weird syslog stuff

Thu Aug 22 00:21:09 UTC 2002

> From: Sean Rima <sean@tcob1.net>

> I am seeing the following in my syslog. Okay it is the first time I have
> seen this so thought I would ask :)
>
> Aug 21 23:47:08 tcob1 dccd[2530]: oflod complaint from yetta.net
> 209.42.196.67,6277: future flooded report 08/21/02 18:44:53.150376
> ID=1023

The string "oflod complaint from" means that the flooding peer
has a complaint.  Yetta.net's logs should have a corresponding
message that says something about an "iflod complaint to tcob1..."

Every report of checksums includes a timestamp.  Dccd and dbclean
watch for timestamps more than 4 hours in the future, because many
things in the DCC system depend on knowing when checksums were seen.

Judging from what `cdcc "host=yetta.net; stats"` says, yetta.net
is almost exactly 4 hours in the past.