whiteclnt does not work?

Rafal Maszkowski rzm@icm.edu.pl
Wed Aug 21 11:21:26 UTC 2002

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 07:07:01PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Rafal Maszkowski <rzm@icm.edu.pl>
> > and, despite
> > ok      From    root@sunsite.icm.edu.pl
> > in /var/dcc/whiteclnt , it rejects messages with such envelope (and From: )
> > sender address:
> > 250 2.1.0 <root@sunsite.icm.edu.pl>... Sender ok
> > 250 2.1.5 <wojsyl@icm.edu.pl>... Recipient ok
> > 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
> > 451 4.7.1 Access denied by DCC
> There are two different and independent return address checksums, "from"
> and "env_from.  Either can saved in a server's database (given `dccd -K`)
> or white or blacklisted in a server or client white list.  For example,
>     ok      From    root@sunsite.icm.edu.pl
> in should white-list mail with an RFC 822 From: header, but
>     ok      env_From    root@sunsite.icm.edu.pl
> should white-list mail with an RFC 821 Mail_from or envelope from value.

Do you mean that both From: and envelope From should be whitelisted to pass
e-mail from such addresses? With

ok      From    root@sunsite.icm.edu.pl
ok      env_From root@sunsite.icm.edu.pl
ok      to      wojsyl@icm.edu.pl
ok      env_to  wojsyl@icm.edu.pl

I still get

>>> MAIL From:<root@sunsite.icm.edu.pl> SIZE=177 BODY=7BIT
250 2.1.0 <root@sunsite.icm.edu.pl>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT To:<wojsyl@icm.edu.pl> ORCPT=rfc822;root
250 2.1.5 <wojsyl@icm.edu.pl>... Recipient ok
>>> DATA
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
451 4.7.1 Access denied by DCC

What should I do to allow e-mails from (or to) specific addresses?

R.
--
Avec mes souvenirs/J'ai allumé le feu
Mes chagrins, mes plaisirs/Je n'ai plus besoin d'eux!