dccproc -V option gives broken pipe

Mon Jul 22 14:46:40 UTC 2002

> From: "Joeri Belis" <joeri.belis@nollekens.be>

> But where do you get the IP 151.201.243.129. We use something completly
> different or is this
> from my isp?

That IP address appears in log entries on two of the public servers
at times when you probably tested things.  Those log entries can be
generated when you get the the error messages you report.  The only
occurrances of those log entires are with that IP address.

That is evidence but not proof that you are using that IP address,
because there are other things that could cause the problems you see.
Another thing that could cause the "badly signed NOP response" error
messages you see is a non-standard MD5 library installed on your system.

It occurs to me that SpamAssassin might be using `dccproc -V` to see
if dccproc is available before trying to filter the mail message.
Instead of simply replacing dccproc with cat, it might be better do
use this shell script:

    #!/bin sh
    echo "got these args: $*" >> /tmp/hack
    exec /real/dccproc $*