1.1.6 crashes on OpenBSD 2.8

Wed Jul 17 15:59:24 UTC 2002

> From: Rafal Maszkowski <rzm@icm.edu.pl>

> I looked into the running-stalled proces with gdb and it seems to be stopped
> also in _thread_machdep_switch() .

If there is a locking bug in dccm, that's what would happen.  It's
also what could happen if the OpenBSD threads package has a bug.

I know to which of those possibilities I'd rather attribute your problem.
That hope is consistent with lack of reported problems on other platforms.

> BTW I run dccm as:
> /var/dcc/libexec/dccm -d -d -b -t CMN,25,50 -t Message-ID,25,50 -l "D?log" -r "4.7.1 451 Access denied by DCC"

If you watch for Message-IDs, then you might also want to watch for
Received lines.  However, while both seemed like a good idea, neither
by itself catches much spam, with the exception of missing or null
Message-IDs.  Except for missing Message-IDs, essentially all spam
that they might catch is noticed by the various body checksums.