Fw: Dcc servers not answering

Ray Gardener R.A.Gardener@shu.ac.uk
Mon Jul 15 13:40:01 UTC 2002

> >  I have recently install dcc and am trying and failing to get the client
to work. Using cdcc to get an analysis produces

____________________
> > dcc map> stats
> > DCC server dcc.rhyolite.com at 192.188.61.3 195.74.212.70 206.169.162.65
... not responding
> >  ?
> > cdcc map> info
> > # 07/12/02 15:11:06 BST  /var/dcc/map
> > # Will re-resolve names after 16:11:02
> > #  5 total addresses  0 working
> > IPv6 off
> >
> > dcc.rhyolite.com,-         anon
> > #   192.188.61.3,-         calcite.rhyolite.com
> > #      not answering
>

> > Is this likely to be caused by a misconfiguration on my part or a
failure at the server end? For the record I have tried all the public
> > servers listed below but with similar result.

<snip..>

> (135 lines of HTML deleted)
>

> My guess about the problem is that you have a nearby firewall or other
> mechanism that filters all UDP packets for port 6277.

I queried this our filewall guys and they reckoned that there are no blocks
on the network to stop dcc working. (I have also checked the local firewall
on my Redhat box BTW)

I can connect to each of the dcc servers above  using

telnet <hostname> 6277

and when I bring up my server on localhost I can see that machine using
spamassassin (although cdcc still tells me that it is not responding)

Given this is there anything else I can try?

TIA.

Ray Gardener