Dcc servers not answering

Fri Jul 12 16:06:28 UTC 2002

> From: "Gardener, Ray A" <R.A.Gardener@shu.ac.uk>
> To: "'dcc@rhyolite.com'" <dcc@rhyolite.com>

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C229AF.6C59B830
>

> Salutations,
>
>  I have recently install dcc and am trying and failing to get the client to work. Using cdcc to get an analysis produces
>
> ________________________________________________________________________________________________
> dcc map> stats
> DCC server dcc.rhyolite.com at 192.188.61.3 195.74.212.70 206.169.162.65 ... not responding
>  ?
> cdcc map> info
> # 07/12/02 15:11:06 BST  /var/dcc/map
> # Will re-resolve names after 16:11:02
> #  5 total addresses  0 working
> IPv6 off
>
> dcc.rhyolite.com,-         anon
> #   192.188.61.3,-         calcite.rhyolite.com
> #      not answering

> Is this likely to be caused by a misconfiguration on my part or a failure at the server end? For the record I have tried all the public
> servers listed below but with similar result.

> Ray Gardener
> CIS
> Sheffield Hallam University
> Sheffield
> S1 1WB
> 0114 225 4926
> R.A.Gardener@shu.ac.uk

(135 lines of HTML deleted)

My guess about the problem is that you have a nearby firewall or other
mechanism that filters all UDP packets for port 6277.

Please note that I recently turned on the "mailman" mechanisms to
refuse HTML mail because of the many reasons that make HTML mail
in appropriate in situations such as this, including the fact it is
illegible in the archives.