dccm memory leakage?

Sam Leffler sam@errno.com
Mon Jul 8 17:26:20 UTC 2002

> I've implemented DCC as a milter (dccm) on all of my incoming sendmail
> gateways as of last Friday.  I notice that the dccm processes just seem to
> keep growing, until the server eventually stops functioning properly.  Is
> there any sort of garbage collection that could be happening that I might
> not have configured?  I didn't notice any mention of such a necessity in
the
> documentation.  These servers handle at least several 100K messages per
day,
> BTW.  The config is RedHat 7.2 (kernel 2.4.7-10), dcc 1.1.2, 512MB of
> memory, 1GB of swap.

This may be Linux-specific.  I see nothing similar for 1.1.2 dccm running
under FreeBSD (-stable).  You also don't indicate if your hosts are MP,
perhaps there's a bug specific to your config.

I need to upgrade the Usenix install which is on an MP E250 box.  It's
currently running 1.0.53 and shows no significant memory use.

    Sam