Using DCC with forwarding?

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Sun May 19 21:08:17 UTC 2002

We have two mail servers, one for staff members and one for students.
The student mail server also has virtual aliases for our top-level
domain, resolving them into addresses for one of the two mail servers,
and then either delivering the mail locally, or forwarding it.  I'm
running dccm on both servers.

How do I arrange for bulk mail rejection and logging to happen at
the destination server?  Right now, it happens where incoming mail
first arrives.  The problem with this is that users will have logs
at two places.  Is there a way for dccm to exempt mail that is being
redirected to a specific destination with the assurance that it will
be checked again when it gets there?