temporarily unavailable

Tue May 14 01:25:24 UTC 2002

> From: "Henrik Lewander" <henrik@lewander.com>

>As far as I can tell no program is holding a lock on this file (is there a good
> way of seeing this?).  I downloaded the latest version and compiled it
> with --bad-locks but no improvement. I'm running Linux, kernel 2.4.17.

I don't remember, but doesn't Linux have a version of fuser, fstat,
or some other program named something like lsstat that tells all
about which processes have an inode open?

I was able to reproduce an instance of the problem by
  1. making the .dccw file out of date by touching the
      one of the ASCII files
  2. starting dccproc and stopping it with gdb after it had locked
      the main ASCII file
  3. running a second instance of dccproc

Version 1.1.1 will have a fix for this instance of the problem.