temporarily unavailable

Henrik Lewander henrik@lewander.com
Mon May 13 09:52:57 UTC 2002

From: "Vernon Schryver" <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com>
> The DCC client library code uses exclusive on the main ASCII white list
> file to prevent multiple processes from simultaneously rebuilding the
> white list hash table file.  That message is what happened when the library
> code tried to lock the file.  The most common cause of such problems
> is holding a lock on the file with an editor such as vi.
>
> See also
> http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/FAQ.html#bad-locks

As far as I can tell no program is holding a lock on this file (is there a good
way of seeing this?). I downloaded the latest version and compiled it
with --bad-locks but no improvement. I'm running Linux, kernel 2.4.17.

-henrik
--
 (  ][ Husaberg FE 350 ][ Honda XR 650 ][ Avancez MC ][
c[] Husan är till salu! Se http://henrik.lewander.com/husan