last chance to object to change to dccproc log file change

Dave Lugo dlugo@etherboy.com
Mon May 6 23:04:42 UTC 2002

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> > >     DATE: 05/06/02 15:39:15 MDT
> > >     IP: ns.cnb.nl ::ffff:195.109.62.5
> > >     env_From: <WealthMaker@nowhere.com>
> > >     env_To: <vj@calcite.rhyolite.com>

> > I'd prefer that the above info be appended before or after the checksums
> > at the end of the logged message.
>
> Is that because of existing parsing code?  If so, would it be hard
> to preprocess the log files with `sed -e "1,/^$/d"` or an equivalent?

Yes, no, and thanks for the suggestion :)

> If not, shouldn't the envelope come first?  What about consistency
> with the dccm log files?

I can't speak as to dccm, since I don't use it.  As for envelope, the
items logged by dccproc already have return-path, and the first received
line already contains the IP and time of the received item.  I'm not sure
what utility env_to would offer, unless the items aren't being logged in
per-user dirs.

It just make more sense to me to have checksums/additional info in the
same place, rather than both prepended and appended to the body (insert
"I don't know offhand the format in which dccm logs items).

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Lugo   dlugo@etherboy.com    LC Unit #260   TINLC