SpamAssassin/DCC integration

Craig R Hughes craig@hughes-family.org
Thu May 2 01:11:31 UTC 2002

Matt Armstrong wrote:

MA> I'd say if performance is a problem, then SpamAssassin should be
MA> written in a language faster than Perl.  The fork/exec + pipe of the
MA> message into dccproc is not going to be a huge bottleneck for
MA> SpamAssassin users.

At the risk of repeating myself....

It's not so much the CPU performance, it's the RAM usage level performance
issues related to having to copy every message between processes.  The CPU
issues are also of concern, but as you point out, there's plenty of optimization
to be done in the way SA currently works, and there is work in that direction
being done.