SpamAssassin/DCC integration

Craig R Hughes craig@hughes-family.org
Wed May 1 20:13:33 UTC 2002

Hearing good reports from cutting edge SpamAssassin users who've installed
recent CVS builds and activated the new DCC/SA integration stuff.

And already we're seeing the first person who's concerned with DCC performance,
and wants to run their own local dccd.  So here's my question: how easy would it
be to re-implement the DCC client side in perl (haven't looked at the DCC source
yet), so that SpamAssassin doesn't have to fork a dcc client process for each
message it processes, and doesn't have to create a copy of the message text to
pipe into the dcc process, etc.  I'd be neat (and probably a heck of a lot
faster) to do the DCC client side stuff in perl, and just call it directly from
the main SA code instead of forking and piping.  Anyone looked at doing this
before?