white lists

Earl Killian dcc@lists.killian.com
Sat Apr 20 22:51:24 UTC 2002

Brian J. Murrell writes:
 > Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:23:14 -0400
 > From: "Brian J. Murrell" <dcc-list-in@interlinx.bc.ca>
 >
 > > If I do figure out a way to give sendmail+dccm per-user DCC
 > > whitelists, it will probably also depend on sendmail recognizing
 > > the recipient as a local user and setting the $u macro.  I think
 > > that depends on sendmail getting joy from getpwent() or getpwnam().
 >
 > Which it will if my understanding of winbind's functionality is
 > correct.  Think of winbind as NIS where the NIS server is PDC, not a
 > NIS server.  :-)

This is all true, but you might not be able to access the home
directory returned by getpwnam() without special work, unless you
happen to be running Linux or FreeBSD where you can use can mount smb
shares.  I.e. you need the NFS equivalent in addition to the NIS
equivalent.  (I am presuming you would want to store the per-user
whitelist in her home directory.)

-Earl