Sendmail: delaying mail based on "soft" thresholds

Earl A. Killian earl@killian.com
Sat Apr 20 22:48:13 UTC 2002

Brian J. Murrell writes:
 > Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:11:58 -0400
 > From: "Brian J. Murrell" <dcc-list-in@interlinx.bc.ca>
 >
 > Procmail sucks for evaluating the DCC header.  You don't really want
 > REGEX parsing but want to evaluate the counts as numbers.

Just FYI:

The courier system has a procmail-like filtering tool called maildrop
(it can be used standalone).  It can extract things from a pattern
match and deal with them as numbers.  See
  http://www.courier-mta.org/maildropfilter.html

maildrop isn't my favorite language, but then procmail isn't high up
on that scale either.

Personally, I would rather just write such a filter in perl, but I
realize that isn't an option open to everyone.  (This is also
supported in courier: http://www.courier-mta.org/courierperlfilter.html)

-Earl