what don't I understand about whiteclnt?

Brian J. Murrell dcc-list@interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Apr 17 04:26:14 UTC 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 08:05:36PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:

>  - there is no DCC checksum for header To values, and so should be an
>   error message in the system log complaining about the invalid
>   checksum type of "To"

Bah!  I should have known that.  And, yes there were errors, but
unfortunately the mail/errors log was not one my log processor was
looking at.

>  - the From header checksum value "root@interlinx.bc.ca" does not match
>   the From header value in the message of "root <root@interlinx.bc.ca>"

Indeed, as I learned earlier today on the list.

>   See the FAQ entry for "Why is dccproc is ignoring env_from white
>   list entries?" in your copy of the source or at
>   http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/FAQ.html#whitelist6

Thanx Vernon, and sorry for the dumb question.  :-)

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell