Can DCC catch Korean spam? Doesn't seem to, lots getting through

Brian J. Murrell e0e0ac639a8a3ab4c0c3e4d1b5afe273@interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Apr 16 23:25:33 UTC 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 04:28:27PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> The more spam traps in the start of the alphabet, the less likely
> the first recipients will be people.

That's why I post usenet from aaaron@interlinx.bc.ca.  I was doing
this way before dcc though.  I have my smtp server (Obtuse + local
hacks) hooked so that mail to aaaron@interlinx.bc.ca automatically
blacklists the From_, stopping spam to legitmate users.  I don't have
it hooked into dcc(proc) right now and it's usefulness in blocking
From_ is diminishing as spammers randomize their From_s.

There is also the occaisional reading impared user that does not read
the blurb at the end of the message telling them not to respond by
e-mail, or to response to "brian at intelrinx dot bc dot ca" if they
want to e-mail.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell