Can DCC catch Korean spam? Doesn't seem to, lots getting through

Tim Wicinski tim@meer.net
Tue Apr 16 22:36:18 UTC 2002

------ Chris Shenton, <87vgarb8up.fsf@thanatos.shenton.org> writes:

    > However, even if it was received after 10:45 MDT, it might not
    > have been caught unless your DCC client is version 1.0.53, because
    > of the Base64 decoding bug corrected in 1.0.53.

    Doh!  I was running 1.0.47 or so.  Upgraded now, will watch and see
    how things improve.  Much obliged.

I'm on 1.0.52, and I do see the base64 spam showing up, and lacking an
a fuz match. I'll do the same.

    Maybe I should learn how to build a FreeBSD port and get this in there
    so others would benefit and more easily upgrade.  Would you object to
    me doing this?

I was going to ask something similar.  Since FreeBSD lacks a simple way to
upgrade a running system as other operating systems do, we have to keep
replicator machines running for this purpose. Having a FreeBSD 'port'
would be a Swell Thing.

tim