Can DCC catch Korean spam? Doesn't seem to, lots getting through

Chris Shenton chris@Shenton.Org
Tue Apr 16 22:02:22 UTC 2002

Vernon Schryver <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com> writes:

> `dccproc -QC` here turns that message into this:

> If I've read the headers and timezones correctly, your copy reached
> your system at 10:08 MDT, which would have been too early.

OK, makes sense -- the first recipients are victims, but they save
everyone else a lot of trouble.

> However, even if it was received after 10:45 MDT, it might not
> have been caught unless your DCC client is version 1.0.53, because
> of the Base64 decoding bug corrected in 1.0.53.

Doh!  I was running 1.0.47 or so.  Upgraded now, will watch and see
how things improve.  Much obliged.

> The 1.0.53 source is at
> http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/source/dcc-dccd.tar.Z
> I've been using minor variations of the script at
> http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/newdcc
> to fetch, compile, and install new DCC versions at MAPS and Usenix.

Maybe I should learn how to build a FreeBSD port and get this in there
so others would benefit and more easily upgrade.  Would you object to
me doing this?