Anyone counting their dcc rejctions?

Tim Wicinski tim@meer.net
Tue Apr 16 14:45:30 UTC 2002

------ WD Baseley, <3.0.5.32.20020416102321.00db9f50@pop.mindspring.com> writes
:

    At 10:11 AM 4/16/2002 -0400, Tim Wicinski ushered forth:

    >Total messages  308335
    >
    >Total Blocked   132605  43.007 %

    Yikes.

    >DCC Rejects     73786   55.643 %
    >RBL Block       25674   19.361 %
    >Banned messages 24232   18.274 %
    >Msg-ID rejects  4777    3.602 %
    >Miscellaneous   3857    2.909 %
    >Relay Attempts  233     0.176 %
    >Unresolvables   46      0.035 %

    These add up to roughly 100%, so I'm guessing that you don't run each
    message through each test.  It might be interesting to do so for the
    purposes of comparing methods.

sendmail rejects them in the order they walk through the tests.
I'm not sure of the exact order of the tests, though most of our local
ones do come at the end.

I haven't checked the other MX servers yet.

We have had people comment on the lack of spam, though I'm seeing more
filter in, albiet slowly.  I have polled many customers and no one seems
to be missing any mailing lists that they are aware of.

tim