Courier and DCC

Brandon Long blong@fiction.net
Wed Apr 10 07:58:01 UTC 2002

On 04/09/02 Vernon Schryver uttered the following other thing:
> > From: Brandon Long <blong@fiction.net>
>
> > > What is the main purpose of the alternate version?
> >
> > We've got a program that is injecting messages into our system out of a
> > maildir.  The mda program places the files in the maildir.  This was
> > just the easiest way to put dcc in the middle of that process.
>
> I guess the reason I asked was not clear.  It is that if a useful
> feature doesn't affect my various peculiar sensibilities, I might be
> interested in adding it to the product.
>
> My summary of what I understood doesn't meet that test.  However, it
> wouldn't take much to convince me that dccproc to unlink() the -o file
> when it excedes a spam threshold.  Would that be useful?

This probably isn't generally useful, the modification is basically just
to make dccproc do delivery to a Maildir folder.  Its somewhat the
equivalent of doing |dccproc >> /var/spool/mail/blong except for
Maildir, which does some filesystem games instead of having to do
locking.

Brandon
--
 "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." -- H. G. Wells
                                           http://www.fiction.net/blong/