SuSE Mailing List whitelisting it

Sun Apr 7 20:29:34 UTC 2002

> From: Sean Rima <sean-sender-732ecf@tcob1.net>

> > Is there some other header that is constant?  If so, it should be
> > possible to use `dccproc -S` or `dccm -S` and
> > "ok substitute some-string" or "ok substitut hex ..."
> > in your whitelist file.
> >
> > What about white listing based on the IP address?
>
> The only one that I can see if X-Mailinglist: suse-linux-e

Does the combination of "ok substitute suse-linux-e" in your whitelist file
and `dccproc -S X-Mailinglist` not work?

> I though IPs were only for 24/7 system and not dialups

I don't understand.  Is this mailing list hosted on a system with
a dynamically assigned IP address?  That sounds unlikely.
If not, why would the IP address of the system that is sending
the mail to your system change?  If it doesn't change, why wouldn't
either "ok IP 10.20.30.40" or "ok IP some.host.org" (or whatever) work?

Because IP addresses and mailing list reflectors tend to change
more often than header contents, I would choose the X-Mailinglist tag.