doing dccproc -t many

Tony L. Svanstrom tony@svanstrom.org
Sun Apr 7 17:38:10 UTC 2002

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 the voices made Vernon Schryver write:

> Reporting all spam as "many" is a Good Thing(tm).

 I don't see how that can be a good thing, or rather how being able to easily
report any e-mail beyond a score of one can be a good thing; to me it seems to
turn the value of the scores, beyond being used as a "true/false"-thing, to
nothing.
 I seem to be reading "DCC isn't about reporting spam" and "reporting spam as
many is good" at the same time... and although I understand what's going on I
don't really understand why... well... why it isn't clearer when you start
learning about DCC what it's meant to do; there seems to be a mix/confusion
regarding being "spamfighting" and simply reporting e-mails seen by more than
one person.

	/Tony
--
 Per scientiam ad libertatem! // Through knowledge towards freedom!
 Genom kunskap mot frihet! =*= (c) 1999-2002 tony@svanstrom.org =*=