Is Yahoo! using DCC now?

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Thu Apr 4 00:16:41 UTC 2002

I understand that Yahoo! is notifying their subscribers like this:

   You have just received an email message in your new [1]Bulk Mail
   Folder!

   Yahoo! has created this folder as part of our continuing efforts to
   fight unsolicited commercial email, commonly known as spam. Using
   Spamguard(TM), an innovative technology recently developed at Yahoo!,
   we are now able to automatically detect spam and direct it to your
   bulk mail folder. The Yahoo! Mail team believes this will
   significantly reduce the intrusion of unwanted commercial email into
   your inbox.

I assume this isn't DCC, although it sounds very similar, including
global and individual whitelists.  What measures will the spammers
take now to evade Yahoo!'s bulk mail filter?