How do I use substitute headers?

Mon Apr 1 22:59:10 UTC 2002

> From: Paul Graham <pjg@urth.acsu.buffalo.edu>

> I'm trying to use dccproc -S and I apparently misunderstand.  I did this:
>
> $ dccproc -S Mailing-List -QC < foo

There is also `dccproc -S Mailing-List -QC -i foo`

> I want to ok all the mail from this mailing list and each message
> has a Mailing-List: header.  It seems that I should add:
>
> 	ok hex substitute e78e0f7f b0d5212c 8a1a433a 769ad0fd
>
> to my whitelist but that doesn't seem to keep the message from being
> counted.

If you turn on logging (e.g. DCCM_LOG_AT=0 in /var/dcc/dcc_conf),
what "Mailing-List substitute" lines do you see?  In particular,
what values are in the "wlist" column?

(I'm assuming that you told dccm to pay attention to
"Mailing-List:"  headers with `dccm -S Mailing-List` such as by
setting DCCD_ARGS="-S Mailing-List" in /var/dcc/dcc_conf)

It might be clearer and easier to use ASCII in the
whitelist file:

     ok   substitute	 the string in the target headers